2019 Ford Ka Plus Active and Ka Plus – Spacious and Practical. 2019 Ford Ka Plus Active and Ka Plus – Drive, Interior and Exterior.
– New Ford KA+ small car line-up delivers for the first time a new KA+ Active crossover version with increased ride height, rugged exterior styling and advanced technologies
– Assertively styled new KA+ range offers SYNC 3 infotainment with 6.5-inch screen, Quickclear heated windscreen, rain-sensing wipers and automatic headlamps
– Fuel-efficient engines include all-new 1.2-litre Ti-VCT petrol engine with up to 10 per cent more torque at low rpm; 1.5-litre TDCi is first KA+ diesel option for effortless cruising
Ford today revealed the new KA+ – for the first time also offered as new KA+ Active crossover version – delivering greater comfort and convenience, more driver assistance technologies than the current model, and enhanced interior and exterior styling.
Offering generous space for five passengers and ample luggage, the new KA+ and KA+ Active are available with technologies including Ford’s SYNC 3 communications and entertainment system, rain-sensing wipers and automatic headlamps.
The new KA+ and KA+ Active for the first time also deliver a choice of petrol and diesel powertrains, including Ford’s new refined and fuel-efficient 1.2-litre, three-cylinder Ti-VCT (Twin independent Variable Camshaft Timing) petrol engine offering 70 PS or 85 PS, and Ford’s 95 PS 1.5-litre TDCi diesel engine designed to meet the needs of higher-mileage drivers.
The new KA+ Active further enhances the compact five-door model with rugged bodystyling, raised ride-height and unique chassis tuning, unique front grille designs, exclusive interior finishes and a high-level standard equipment specification.
The KA+ was introduced for customers in Europe as a spacious, well-equipped and value-for-money small car that offers excellent fuel-efficiency and fun-to-drive dynamics at an affordable price.
The KA+ Active crossover is the second in a new line-up of Active cars to be offered by Ford, following the Fiesta Active that goes on sale later this year. Active models feature SUV-inspired styling, raised ride height and additional cladding, while delivering hatchback practicality and true Ford fun-to-drive characteristics.
The new KA+ and KA+ Active for the first time offer customers the power of choice, with available fuel-efficient petrol and diesel engines that meet the latest, stringent Euro Stage 6 emissions standards, supported by standard Auto Start-Stop technology.
Ford’s all-new 1.2-litre, three-cylinder Ti-VCT petrol engine shares a core architecture with the 200 PS 1.5-litre EcoBoost engine that powers the all-new Ford Fiesta ST, on sale later this year, to deliver from an anticipated 114 g/km CO2.*
Compared with the outgoing 1.2-litre Duratec petrol engine, the new engine offers up to 10 per cent more torque between 1,000 rpm and 3,000 rpm for optimised responsiveness in everyday driving, while delivering an anticipated average four per cent fuel-efficiency improvement across the rev-range for reduced running costs.
A three-cylinder configuration reduces friction and an aluminium block and cylinder head reduce weight, helping achieve improved fuel-efficiency.
Further technologies include:
– Twin independent Variable Camshaft Timing that allows intake and exhaust valve timing to be adjusted independently for faster throttle response, improved low-end torque, and enhanced fuel-efficiency
– Integrated exhaust manifold that optimises the exhaust system warm-up for reduced emissions
– Two-stage variable displacement oil pump, Diamond-Like Coating for pistons and belt-in-oil primary drive belt design all contributing to optimised friction for greater fuel‑efficiency
The all-new 1.2-litre Ti-VCT also delivers improved refinement with an innovative off-set crankshaft design that counter-balances the three-cylinder operation without the need for a balancer shaft, a valvetrain optimised for quieter operation and an acoustic-isolation system to reduce the intrusion of engine noise into the cabin.