2019 Mazda3 – Sporty, Emotional And Elegant Hatchback. 2019 Mazda3 Hatchback – Drive, Interior and Exterior. Color: Soul Red Crystal. Subscribe.
– The All-New Mazda3 adopts a more mature interpretation of Kodo design that builds on the essence of Japanese aesthetics.
– The sporty, emotional hatchback and elegant, sophisticated sedan embody two distinct personalities.
– Mazda’s ‘less is more’ artful design language is evident in a new lamp design.
– The car’s unique body side panels are an example of the Japanese mastery of craftsmanship. Their dynamic styling shifts with the way light hits the surface and remains in constant flow.
– A low-to-the-ground nose design and a reduced gap between wheel arches and tyres accentuate the All-New Mazda3’s striking proportions.
– Polymetal Grey is now available as a body colour exclusively for the hatchback.
– The new cockpit design expresses perfect symmetry, functionality and comfort to enable effortless, joyful driving.
– New materials include a grain pattern closely resembling leather and a two-layer moulding technology which express quality and artful design.
– Pure white leather is available as an interior colour for the sedan, while burgundy leather was developed exclusively for the hatchback.
– The All-New Mazda3 will be the first production car equipped with Mazda’s innovative Skyactiv-X engine, a combustion engine that uses compression ignition combustion technology
– The 116 PS Skyactiv-D 1.8 diesel engine combines an average fuel consumption of 4.8-5.7 l/100 km with CO2 emissions of 130-151 g/km and comes with a NO x Storage Catalyst (NSC) system.
– The 122 PS Skyactiv-G 2.0 combustion engine comes with an average fuel consumption of 6.0-6.7 l/100 km and CO2 emissions of 136-152 g/km.
– Both Skyactiv-X and Skyactiv-G engines adopt Mazda’s M Hybrid 24V system with a 600 kJ lithium-ion battery and a DC-DC converter.
– G-Vectoring Control Plus (GVC Plus) uses brake control to improve handling and grip.
– Mazda’s Skyactiv-Vehicle Architecture draws on human research studies to maximise ride comfort.
– New multi-directional ring structures increase body rigidity while reducing lag in the transmission of energy.
– Reworked suspension geometry helps to transmit road input in a more linear fashion.
– Adjustments to the brake pedals lead to greater controllability and comfort.
– Redesigned seats ideally support the pelvis and maintain the natural S-shaped curve of the spine.
– Structural adjustments guarantee reduced NVH and road noise
– An updated cockpit and seat design enable a natural and relaxed driving position for all driver builds.
– A revised, uncluttered floor console layout offers greater comfort and easier access to console elements.
– Operability of the shift lever is optimised for greater comfort.
– The telescopic steering adjustment range is extended to 70 mm.
– A reworked A-pillar design, improved wiper functions and better distance and speed recognition enhance visibility and overall safety.
– A 7-inch TFT display and a windscreen-projected Active Driving Display maximise ease of reading and instant recognition.
– The 8.8-inch widescreen centre display enables a split-screen view and improved operability.
– The operation and look of displays, Commander Control, warnings and switches have been unified and simplified.
– The evolved Mazda Connect includes better voice recognition, an updated navigation system and a Digital Owner’s Manual for easy access to valuable information.
– A new speaker layout moves 3L woofers to the sides of the front cowl, greatly improving sound insulation.
– The All-New Mazda3 is equipped with various state of the art active and passive safety features.
– A newly developed Driver Monitor System detects fatigue.
– New Front Cross Traffic Alert (FCTA) ensures greater safety at T-junctions.
– New Cruising & Traffic Support (CTS) assists with accelerator, brake pedal and steering operations.
– Newly available Intelligent Speed Assistance (ISA) prevents unintended speed limit violations.
– Newly available 360° View Monitor offers an allround view of the car’s immediate surroundings.
– Enhanced Adaptive LED headlights offer greater visibility in differing driving conditions.
– An unprecedented ratio of ultra-high-tensile steel makes the Mazda3’s body light and remarkably strong.
– Front seats are designed to mitigate neck injuries in the event of a crash.
– New knee airbags and revised seat belt design protect occupants in a collision.
– An updated bonnet structure mitigates pedestrian injuries through better energy absorption.