2019 Ram 5500 Chassis Cab Limited – High Capability And Advanced Technology. 2019 Ram 5500 Chassis Cab Limited – Interior and Exterior. Subscribe.
The standard engine in the 2019 Ram 3500/4500/5500 Chassis Cab is the proven and potent 6.4-liter HEMI V-8 with up to 410 horsepower and 429 lb.-ft. of torque. The Ram 3500 Chassis Cab now employs exclusive Fuel Saver Technology cylinder deactivation to increase fuel economy. When the engine is paired with the optional Aisin AS66RC six-speed automatic transmission with Power Take-Off (PTO), Fuel Saver Technology functions under light load while in stationary PTO mode to reduce fuel consumption.
In the Ram 4500 and 5500 Chassis Cab, the 6.4-liter HEMI V-8, paired with the Aisin AS66RC electronically controlled 6-speed automatic transmission with optional Power Take-Off (PTO) capability, delivers 370 horsepower and 429 lb.-ft. of torque.
In all Ram 3500/4500/5500 Chassis Cab applications, the 6.4-liter HEMI V-8 uses interactive Deceleration Fuel Shut-Off, which stops fuel flow to the cylinders when decelerating, to improve fuel economy.
A significantly revised Cummins 6.7-liter inline-six turbo diesel is optional on the 2019 Ram 3500/4500/5500 Chassis Cab. Paired with the Aisin AS69RC electronically controlled six-speed automatic transmission with optional PTO capability, the Cummins engine delivers 360 horsepower and the highest available torque in Class 4 and 5 at 800 lb.-ft.
Changes to the Cummins engine include a cylinder block made from compacted graphite iron. Using compacted graphite iron produces a block that is stronger and better able to dampen vibrations. Overall, the new Cummins Turbo Diesel weighs 60 pounds less than the previous-generation engine.
A new cast-iron cylinder head builds on the new block with changes that include new exhaust valves and springs, and new rocker arms driven by a hollow camshaft, contributing to the weight savings. Changes to the Cummins Turbo Diesel also include a new oil pump and water pump with lightweight-aluminum housing.
The 2019 Ram 3500/4500/5500 Chassis Cab offers customers a trio of automatic transmissions. The efficient, smooth-shifting TorqueFlite 8HP75 eight-speed automatic is the standard transmission with the 6.4-liter HEMI V-8 in the 2019 Ram 3500 Chassis Cab. It’s also the first time an eight-speed transmission is offered in the segment.
The electronically controlled Aisin AS66RC six-speed automatic is the standard transmission for 2019 Ram 4500/5500 Chassis Cabs equipped with the 6.4-liter HEMI V-8, and optional on the Ram 3500 Chassis Cab with the 6.4-liter HEMI V-8. This transmission offers the option of PTO capability on the left or right side.
– Ram Chassis Cab takes capability titles in the most important areas of the segment with class-leading 35,220 pounds of towing, Gross Combined Weight Ratings of 43,000 pounds and payload of 12,510 pounds
– 2019 Ram Chassis Cab design reflects no-nonsense attitude with differentiation across four distinct price and GVW classes
– Ram Chassis Cab 3500, 4500 and 5500 represent Class 3, 4 and 5 GVW ratings. Additionally, Ram offers a unique 10k GVW Class 2 Chassis Cab
– With a long list of upgrades, the new Cummins 6.7-liter I-6 provides improved power and fuel efficiency with 360 horsepower and 800 lb.-ft. of torque — highest available torque in Class 4 and 5
– 2019 Ram 3500 Chassis Cab is first to offer eight-speed transmission in the segment — TorqueFlite eight-speed automatic for 6.4-liter HEMI® V-8
– Up to 97-percent high-strength steel frames offer zero component interference above rear rails for easy upfits, weight reduction by up to 120 pounds overall and high levels of torsional rigidity
– In the chassis cab segment, only the 2019 Ram Chassis Cab offers active safety systems, including, adaptive cruise control, Forward Collision Warning, Automatic Emergency Braking (AEB) and AEB with trailer brakes — available on all trim levels
– Class-exclusive, 12-inch reconfigurable touchscreen display with split-screen capability features tailor-made graphics for specific Ram models
– SiriusXM Travel Link helps to make every drive more efficient with real-time local weather forecasts, fuel prices and live weather maps
– Class-exclusive ParkSense Park Assist system provides visual and audible indications and a class-exclusive 270-degree camera system with trailer reverse-guidance view gives greater field of vision
– Class-exclusive cargo-view camera allows owners to monitor the upfit and/or payload in the rear of the truck and aids hookup with fifth-wheel and gooseneck hitches
– New trailer Tire Pressure Monitoring Systems (TPMS) accommodates up to six truck tires and 12 trailer tires with up to four trailer profiles
– Relationships with body manufacturers and upfitters contribute to the most upfitter-friendly Ram Chassis Cab ever
– Exclusive Power Take-Off (PTO) options deliver improved use parameters for left- and right-side components