2019 BMW R 1250 RT – The Fascination Of Travel And Touring. 2019 BMW R 1250 RT – Ride and Design. Subscribe.
Overview of the highlights of the new BMW R 1250 RT:
• Further developed boxer engine with BMW ShiftCam Technology for variation of the valve timings and valve stroke on the intake side.
• Even more power across the entire engine speed range, optimised fuel consumption and emission levels, increased running smoothness and refinement.
• Increased output and torque: 100 kW (136 hp) at 7 750 rpm and 143 Nm at 6 250 rpm (previously: 92 kW (125 hp) at 7 750 rpm and 125 Nm at 6 500 rpm)).
• Capacity increased to 1 254 cc (previously: 1 170 cc).• Asynchronous valve opening on the intake side for optimised swirl and therefore more effective combustion.
• Camshaft drive now via toothed chain (previously roller chain).
• Optimised oil supply and piston base cooling.
• Knock sensor system for optimised travel suitability.
• Latest generation of BMS-O engine control and use of twin-jet injection valves for even more effective carburetion.
• New exhaust system for optimum performance characteristics.
• New additional front spoiler on the R 1250 RT.
• Two riding modes, ASC and Hill Start Control as standard.
• Riding Modes Pro, featuring additional riding modes, Dynamic Traction Control DTC, ABS Pro (standard in the R 1250 RT), Hill Start Control Pro and Dynamic Brake Assistant DBC, available as an optional equipment item ex works. Electronic suspension Dynamic ESA “Next Generation” with fully automatic load compensation.
• In addition to standard adjustability of seat height (exception: HP style for the R 1250 GS), wide range of seat height variants ex works.
• LED headlamp for the R 1250 GS as standard and LED daytime riding light for both models as optional equipment items ex works. Connectivity: multifunctional instrument cluster with 6.5-inch full-colour TFT screen and numerous features as standard in the R 1250 GS.
• Intelligent Emergency Call as an ex works option.
• BMW Motorrad Spezial – customisation features as optional equipment items ex works.
• Extended range of optional equipment items and Original BMW Motorrad Accessories.
• The new R 1250 GS: travel and off-road prowess in two modern basic finishes and two striking style variants.
• The new R 1250 RT: exclusive touring character in one basic colour, two style variants and Option 719 Spezial finishes.
With the extensively further advanced boxer engine, the new R 1250 GS and R 1250 RT not only achieve a whole new level of power and torque. It was also possible to significantly optimise refinement and running smoothness – especially within the lower engine speed range. What is more, the new engine offers improved emission and fuel consumption levels as well as a particularly satisfying sound. For this purpose, BMW ShiftCam Technology has been used for the first time in the serial production of BMW Motorrad engines: this enables variation of the valve timings and valve stroke on the intake side. In addition, the intake camshafts are designed for asynchronous opening of the two intake valves, resulting in enhanced swirl of the fresh, incoming mixture and therefore more effective combustion. Other technical changes to the engine relate to the camshaft drive – now taken care of by a toothed chain (previously a roller chain) – an optimised oil supply, twin-jet injection valves and a new exhaust system.
The option “Riding Modes Pro” is now available as an optional equipment item, featuring the additional riding mode “Dynamic”, Dynamic Traction Control DTC, and in the R 1250 GS also the riding modes “Dynamic Pro”, “Enduro” and “Enduro Pro”. DTC enables even more efficient and safe acceleration, especially in banking position. ABS Pro (part of Riding Modes Pro in the R 1250 GS, a standard feature in the R 1250 RT) offers even greater safety when braking, even in banking position. The new Dynamic Brake Control DBC provides additional safety when braking, also in difficult situations, by avoiding unintentional accelerator activation. By means of intervention in the engine control, drive torque is reduced during braking so as to make full use of the braking power at the rear wheel. This keeps the motorcycle stable and shortens the braking distance.
The new R 1250 GS now features the LED headlamp as standard. In addition to this, the LED daytime riding light is available as an optional equipment item for both the R 1250 GS and the R 1250 RT, which has halogen headlamps.
The Billets Packs Option 719 Classic and HP are available for the new R 1250 GS and R 1250 RT, for example.
With the optional equipment item BMW Motorrad Dynamic ESA “Next Generation”, damping automatically adapts to the situation according to riding state and manoeuvres, and there is also automatic compensation in all load states. This allows finely tuned adaptation of the motorcycle to riding states, achieving optimum damping comfort and a very stable ride response – this is now also available for the R 1250 RT.