2019 Mercedes AMG GLC 63S 4MATIC+ – Stylish And Sporty SUV. 2019 Mercedes-Benz AMG GLC 63S 4MATIC+ – Drive, Interior and Exterior. Color: Selenite Grey. Subscribe.
2020 Mercedes-Benz AMG GLC 63S 4MATIC+ Technical Specifications:
Engine: 4.0-litre V8 with direct injection and exhaust-gas turbocharging
Displacement: 3982 cc
Output: 375 kW (510 hp) at 5500-6250 rpm
Peak torque: 700 Nm at 1750-4500 rpm
Drive system: AMG Performance 4MATIC+ all-wheel drive with fully variable torque distribution
Transmission: AMG SPEEDSHIFT MCT 9G transmission
Fuel consumption – combined: 12.4 l/100 km (The stated figures were determined in accordance with the prescribed measuring method. These are the NEDC CO2 figures according to Art. 2 No. 1 Implementing Regulation (EU) 2017/1153. The fuel consumption figures were calculated on the basis of these figures.)
Acceleration 0-100 km/h: 3.8 s
Top speed: 280 km/h
The new features at a glance:
– New headlamp design
– New tail lamp design
– New, optional 21-inch light-alloy wheels
– New 90 mm twin tailpipe trims in a trapezoidal design
– New paint colour graphite grey metallic
– MBUX infotainment system with AMG-specific functions and displays, touchscreen display, accelerated voice control and optional gesture control
– New AMG steering wheel with Touch Control buttons and steering wheel buttons (standard on S model)
– New upholstery magma grey/black with yellow contrasting topstitching
– Electronically controlled locking differential standard on all models
– New AMG DYNAMIC SELECT drive program “Slippery”
– Dynamic handling control AMG DYNAMICS with three/four (S model) agility forms
– Trailer Manoeuvring Assist
– S models with AMG Driver’s Package as standard
– The SUV and coupé are available as base and S model variants: the AMG 4.0-litre V8 biturbo engine generates 350 kW (476 hp) or 375 kW (510 hp) with a maximum torque of 650 or 700 Nm. Acceleration from zero to 100 km/h is completed by the GLC 63 4MATIC+ in 4.0 seconds, the S models in 3.8 seconds. The top speed of the base model is 250 km/h (electronically limited, with the AMG Driver’s package 270 km/h), 280 km/h for the S models. The impressive driving dynamics are based, among other things, on the AMG RIDE CONTROL+ air suspension with adaptive damping adjustment, the electronically controlled differential lock, which is now also standard on all variants, and the dynamic engine mounts, which are part of the standard equipment on the S models.
For improved traction and driving dynamics, all models are equipped with an electronically controlled locking differential. This reduces the slip on the inside rear wheel when cornering, without any control intervention in the braking system. The result is that it allows the driver to accelerate out of corners earlier thanks to the improved traction. The vehicle remains more stable when braking from high speed, while the limited-slip differential also improves traction from rest.
The greatest benefit of electronic control is its even more sensitive and even faster adjustment capability in changing driving situations: which pushes the critical threshold higher, making it even easier to drive at the vehicle’s limits. The three-stage ESP® with “ESP ON”, “ESP SPORT Handling Mode” and “ESP OFF” settings works in perfect unison with the rear-axle limited-slip differential and is optimally tuned to the outstanding dynamics.
In line with the high output values the eight-cylinder models have a large-dimensioned brake system consisting of internally-ventilated, perforated compound discs at both the front and rear axles, with 6-piston fixed callipers used at the front and single-piston floating callipers at the rear.
As an option, an AMG high-performance ceramic composite brake system with bronze-coloured 6-piston fixed callipers at the front and single-piston floating brake callipers at the rear can be ordered. This leads to additional weight savings and lower unsprung masses. Further advantages are their even greater overall sturdiness and fading stability under high stress. The brake system also wins points with a high service life and immediate response – guaranteeing fast lap times.
All brake systems can impress with short brake paths, sensitive responsiveness and high life expectancy, even in the case of extreme stress. Among the comfort features of the vehicle are hill start assist, priming and dry-braking in the wet. With the ignition switched off and the vehicle at a standstill, the transmission automatically selects Park position “P”. Meanwhile, the electric parking brake releases automatically when pulling away.
The more powerful GLC 63 4MATIC+ S comes with dynamic engine mounts. These resolve the conflicting aims of comfort and dynamic performance by reducing vibrations in the engine/transmission unit. These dynamic mounts are instantly and variably able to adapt their rigidity to the driving conditions and style of driving. Soft engine mounts improve comfort, as they provide more effective decoupling of noise and vibration.