2019 Mercedes Marco Polo – Luxurious Camper Van. 20 19 Mercedes-Benz Marco Polo – Drive and Design. Color: Cavansit Blue Metallic. Subscribe.
Five years ago, the Mercedes-Benz V-Class set benchmarks in the MPV segment with its design, its high-quality feel, its comfort and its safety and assistance systems and has since enjoyed a successful international career. The facelift builds upon these core values and thus improves the attractiveness of the biggest member of the Stuttgart-based brand’s range of passenger vehicles. The compact Marco Polo and Marco Polo HORIZON campers and leisure vans also benefit from the full scope of the innovations implemented on the V-Class. What’s more, Mercedes-Benz Vans is taking the next step in this segment and will soon be offering a fully-electric MPV.
Design and comfort
– New presence and an impression of breadth thanks to newly designed bumper with striking cooling air intake and diamond structure of the radiator grille
– Available as an option, the AMG Line features a new diamond radiator grille with chrome pins which both make for a still more sporty appearance
– Four new paint colours as well as four new light-alloy wheel designs will also be available
– There’s a new-look interior thanks to new trim elements with double stripe look, newly designed air vents in sporty turbine look and the new “tartufo” leather colour
– Optimal luxury seats in the rear enhance the range of seats in the MPV and pamper occupants with berth function, back massage and climate control
Driving dynamics and efficiency
– The four-cylinder OM 654 diesel with reduced emission and consumption values and further improved noise and vibration characteristics is being used for the first time in the V-Class
– New top engine in the V 300 d with 176 kW (239 hp) and 500 Nm torque delivers the best values in the MPV segment. In the acceleration phase, the V 300 d can briefly deliver an additional 30 Nm of torque (“overtorque”)
– For the first time in the V-Class, the 9G-TRONIC automatic transmission will be available to increase shifting comfort and fuel efficiency
Safety and assistance systems
– The multifaceted range of safety and assistance systems will become more comprehensive with the facelift
– Available for the first time, Active Brake Assist can, depending on the situation, reduce the severity of a collision with a vehicle in front, stationary obstacles and pedestrians crossing the vehicle’s path (in urban traffic) or it can even prevent them from occurring altogether
– New Highbeam Assist Plus makes it possible to drive with the main-beam headlamps permanently active and only switches to dipped-beam mode when the situation requires
Be it in terms of style or value appeal, performance and efficiency or safety, the Marco Polo family based on the V-Class will also benefit from the entire scope of the first facelift to the Mercedes-Benz MPV at the same time as the base model. The compact Marco Polo and Marco Polo HORIZON campers and leisure vehicles also feature the new front-end design, the new paint colours and light-alloy wheels, as well as the new air vents and upholsteries. They are joined by the new diesel engine with a new peak of 176 kW (239 hp) as well as Active Brake Assist and Highbeam Assist Plus.
As part of the facelift, the new V-Class can be equipped with the four-cylinder engine from the OM 654 family, which offers two-litre displacement in output stages including the following:
– The V 250 d with 140 kW (190 hp) and 440 Nm torque
– The V 300 d with 176 kW (239 hp) and 500 Nm torque; this represents a new top value in the segment
In the acceleration phase, the V 300 d can briefly deliver an additional 30 Nm of torque (“overtorque”) in addition to its 500 Nm of torque. The V 300 d accelerates from 0 to 100 km/h in 7.9 seconds. It can reach a top speed of 220 km/h.
Above all, the 9G-TRONIC stands out thanks to its lower weight and the reduced amount of installation space which it requires. It features a patented gear set concept with four planetary gear sets and six shift elements. Nine gears make possible an especially broad ratio spread which starts at 9.15. The torque converter’s high operating efficiency of 92 percent is in part due to the needs-based supply of oil by means of a highly efficient vane pump and electrical auxiliary pump. Exemplary drive comfort is ensured by the twin-turbine torsional damper with centrifugal pendulum and the torque converter lock-up clutch with return spring. An innovative component comes in the form of the transmission’s main shaft featuring three deep-drilled holes.