2020 BMW M8 Competition Coupe. 2020 BMW M8 Competition Coupe – Drive, Interior and Exterior. Subscribe.
2020 BMW M8 Competition Coupe Specifications:
Config/No of cyls/valves: V / 8 / 4
Engine technology: M TwinPower Turbo technology with cross-bank exhaust manifold: M TwinScroll twin turbocharger, indirect charge air cooling, High Precision Injection (maximum injection pressure: 350 bar), VALVETRONIC fully variable valve timing, Double-VANOS variable camshaft timing
Effective capacity cc: 4395
Stroke/bore mm: 88.3 / 89.0
Compression ratio :1: 10.0
Fuel: RON 98 (min. RON 91)
Max output kW/hp: 460 / 625 at rpm 6000
Max torque Nm: 750 at rpm 1800 – 5800
Battery/installation Ah/–: 70 (Li-ion) / Luggage compartment
Suspension, front: Adaptive M suspension with double wishbone axle in lightweight aluminium construction, M-specific kinematics and elastokinematics, Variable Damper Control
Suspension, rear: Adaptive M suspension with five-link axle in lightweight aluminium construction, M-specific elastokinematics, Variable Damper Control
Brakes, front: M compound brakes, vented, with six-piston fixed callipers
Brakes, rear: M compound brakes, vented, with single-piston floating callipers
Driving stability systems: Standard: DSC incl. ABS, ASC and M Dynamic Mode (MDM), can be switched off; CBC (Cornering Brake Control), DBC (Dynamic Brake Control), Dry Braking function, Start-Off Assistant, Active M Differential, DSC linked with M xDrive all-wheel drive
Safety equipment: Standard: airbags for driver and front passenger, side airbags for driver and front passenger, head airbags for front and rear seats, three-point inertia-reel seatbelts on all seats with belt stopper, belt latch tensioner and belt force limiter in the front, crash sensors, tyre pressure indicator
Steering: Electric Power Steering (EPS) with M-specific Servotronic function and variable sport ratio
Steering ratio, overall :1 14.3
Tyres, front/rear: 275/35 ZR20 102Y XL 285/35 ZR20 104Y XL
Rims, front/rear: 9.5J x 20 light-alloy 10.5J x 20 light-alloy
Power Transfer: M xDrive intelligent all-wheel-drive system, central transfer case with fullyvariable multi-plate clutch, fully-variable torque distribution between front and rear axle, rear differential with fully-variable Active M Differential, locking effect 0 – 100 per cent
Type of transmission: Eight-speed M Steptronic transmission with Drivelogic, transmission oil cooling
Power-to-weight ratio (DIN) kg/kW: 4.1
Output per litre kW/l: 104.7
Acceleration 0–100 km/h s: 3.2
Acceleration 0–200 km/h s: 10.6
Top speed km/h 250 / 305 (Governed / with optional M Driver’s Package)
BMW EfficientDynamics standard features: Brake Energy Regeneration, Electric Power Steering, Auto Start Stop function, Optimum Shift Indicator in manual shift mode, BMW EfficientLightweight, on-demand operation of ancillary units, Li-ion battery, map-regulated oil pump, rear differential and transfer case with optimised efficiency, optimised aerodynamics (underside panelling, front spoiler, rear spoiler)
Fuel Consumption ECE with standard tyres
Urban l/100 km 15.3 – 15.2
Extra-urban l/100 km 8.0 – 7.7
Combined l/100 km 10.6 – 10.5
The fuel consumption, CO2 emission and electric power consumption figures are determined according to the European Regulation (EC) 2007/715 in the version applicable. The figures refer to a vehicle with basic configuration in Germany. The range shown considers the different sizes of the selected wheels/tyres and the selected items of optional equipment, and may vary during configuration.
– High-revving V8 engine with M TwinPower Turbo technology and up to 460 kW/625 hp. Two turbochargers, cross-bank exhaust manifolds, cooling and oil supply concept optimised for track use, sports exhaust system with electrically controlled flaps delivers emotionally rich soundtrack.
– Power transfer via eight-speed M Steptronic transmission with Drivelogic and M xDrive all-wheel drive. Rear-biased set-up and link-up with Active M Differential. Choice of three modes: 4WD, 4WD Sport and 2WD with pure rear-wheel drive and deactivated driving stability control.
– Exceptional performance: new BMW M8 Coupe accelerates from 0 to 100 km/h (62 mph) in 3.3 seconds, new BMW M8 Competition Coupe in 3.2 seconds, new BMW M8 Convertible in 3.4 seconds and new BMW M8 Competition Convertible in 3.3 seconds.
– Signature M combination of dynamic flair, agility and precision honed during in-depth tuning work at the Miramas and Arjeplog test centres, on the Nürburgring-Nordschleife circuit and around other race tracks. Developed alongside BMW M8 GTE endurance racer.
– Performance-focused vehicle concept with minimised weight, low centre of gravity, ideal wheelbase, wide tracks and precisely tuned aerodynamic balance. BMW M8 Coupe and BMW M8 Competition Coupe with roof made from carbon fibre-reinforced plastic; BMW M8 Convertible and BMW M8 Competition Convertible have a soft-top with electric opening and closing.