2020 Ford Kuga Plug-In Hybrid ST-Line – Awesome Mid-Size SUV. 2020 Ford Kuga Plug-In Hybrid ST-Line – Drive, Interior and Exterior. Subscribe.
– Sleek, spacious all-new Ford Kuga unveiled with distinctive design, comprehensive hybrid powertrain line-up and new driver assistance technology for the most efficient, comfortable and rewarding Kuga experience ever
– All-new Kuga introduces a more streamlined silhouette for an energetic, nimble and capable appearance with premium proportions that support improved roominess and comfort
– Kuga is the most electrified Ford ever, and the first to offer mild-, full- and plug-in hybrid powertrains. Kuga Plug-In Hybrid will offer pure-electric driving range of more than 50 km (31 miles), anticipated 1.2 l/100 km fuel-efficiency and 29 g/km CO2
– Kuga is also the first SUV to be based on Ford’s new global C2 architecture delivering 10 per cent more torsional stiffness and up to 90 kg weight reduction versus outgoing Kuga
– Advanced convenience tech includes FordPass Connect embedded modem, 12.3-inch digital cluster, wireless charging, SYNC 3 with 8-inch touchscreen, B&O Sound System
– Lane-Keeping System with Blind Spot Assist, Pre-Collision Assist Intersection to debut. Adaptive Cruise Control with Stop & Go, Speed Sign Recognition, Lane-Centring introduced
– Distinctive all-new Kuga variants including Kuga Titanium, Kuga ST-Line and Kuga Vignale each deliver unique character for growing number of SUV customers in Europe
Available from launch, the all-new Kuga Plug-In Hybrid delivers the driving range and freedom offered by a traditional combustion engine alongside the efficiency and refinement of an electric powertrain. The power-split architecture combines a 2.5-litre, four-cylinder Atkinson-cycle petrol engine, electric motor and generator, and 14.4 kWh lithium-ion battery to produce 225 PS. Ford’s first plug-in hybrid in Europe to deliver a pure-electric driving range in excess of 50 km, the Kuga Plug-In Hybrid is anticipated to deliver from 1.2 l/100 km fuel-efficiency and 29 g/km CO2 emissions.*
The battery can be charged using a front fender-mounted charging port, and is automatically replenished on the move using regenerative charging technology that captures kinetic energy normally lost during braking. It is anticipated that to fully charge the battery from an external 230-volt electricity supply will take around 4 hours.
Drivers can choose when and how to deploy battery power using EV Auto, EV Now, EV Later and EV Charge modes. When the battery reaches its lowest state-of-charge, the Kuga automatically reverts to EV Auto mode – supplementing petrol engine power with electric motor assistance using recaptured energy for optimised fuel-efficiency.
* Officially homologated fuel-efficiency and CO2 emission figures will be published closer to on-sale date
The declared fuel/energy consumptions, CO2 emissions and electric range are measured according to the technical requirements and specifications of the European Regulations (EC) 715/2007 and (EC) 692/2008 as last amended. Fuel consumption and CO2 emissions are specified for a vehicle variant and not for a single car. The applied standard test procedure enables comparison between different vehicle types and different manufacturers. In addition to the fuel-efficiency of a car, driving behaviour as well as other nontechnical factors play a role in determining a car’s fuel/energy consumption, CO2 emissions and electric range. CO2 is the main greenhouse gas responsible for global warming.