2020 Jaguar XE – Compact Sedan With Sporty Character. 2020 Jaguar XE – Drive, Interior and Exterior. Color: Caldera Red. Subscribe.
– Enhanced exterior provides a more assertive appearance with new front and rear bumpers, advanced all-LED headlights and tail-lights with distinctive LED signatures
– All-new luxurious interior features beautiful details and premium materials
– New Touch Pro Duo infotainment system and 12.3-inch interactive driver display shared with all-electric I-PACE are customisable, intuitive and responsive
– Smart Settings technology uses artificial intelligence to learn the preferences of individual drivers and adjusts seat, mirror, audio and climate settings automatically
– Segment-first ClearSight interior rear view mirror provides uninterrupted rearward visibility
– Efficient Ingenium diesel and petrol engines available in AWD and RWD form
– 300PS petrol engine AWD derivative accelerates from 0-60mph in 5.4 seconds
– Lightweight aluminiumintensive body construction, with double wishbone front and Integral Link rear suspension, delivers agile handling and excellent safety
– New XE’s entry-level specification now features an automatic transmission, 18-inch wheels, electric leather seats, all-LED headlights and tail-lights with updated signature graphics, front and rear park aid, rear camera and lane keep assist
– Available to order now at www.jaguar.com priced from £33,915 in the UK
Designed and engineered to be the best handling and most dynamic compact executive saloon, the new Jaguar XE gets a more focused engine range and takes driver controls directly from F-TYPE, emphasising its sportscar character. The XE’s aluminium-intensive body construction is an extremely robust yet light structure and, together with a double wishbone front suspension and an Integral Link rear axle, it is fundamental to the XE’s sporting vehicle dynamics. Aluminium makes up 75 per cent of the XE body and combines with proven rear- and all-wheel-drive systems, plus some of Jaguar’s most advanced engines, for impeccable handling and performance. Customers can choose from a focused range of three advanced Ingenium petrol and diesel engines. Delivering acceleration from 0-60mph in 5.4 seconds (0-100km/h in 5.7 seconds), the 300PS Ingenium petrol engine, with all-wheel drive, is the performance powertrain of choice. With an uprated boosting system and 400Nm of torque, the turbocharged unit’s immediate throttle response ensures an engaging drive and impressive acceleration. Customers can also choose a 250PS Ingenium petrol engine, while diesel power comes from the efficient 180PS 2.0-litre engine, which produces 430Nm of torque and gives fuel consumption of up to 57.6mpg (from 4.9l/100km)*.
* NEDC2 calculated from official manufacturer’s WLTP tests in accordance with EU legislation
All engines are available with a choice of rear or all-wheel drive, subject to market availability. The rear-wheel-drive powertrain delivers trademark Jaguar handling, feel and balance while the advanced all-wheel-drive system automatically distributes torque between the front and rear axles depending on the driving style and conditions. This intelligent set-up delivers greater driver confidence on all surfaces and in all conditions, while retaining the XE’s exceptional handling characteristics. Continuing the theme of heightened driver engagement, the new XE features Jaguar’s distinctive SportShift gear selector, first seen in the F-TYPE sportscar. The intuitive design replaces the previous rotary controller and allows the driver to leave the car in full automatic mode or use the direct and involving manual gearshift, pulling the lever back to select a higher gear or instinctively pushing it forwards to choose a lower ratio. Alternatively, Satin Chrome steering wheel paddle shifters can be used to control the eight-speed automatic gearbox. Standard on all XE models is the JaguarDrive Control interface from the F-TYPE.
Drivers are able to shape the driving experience further and with greater ease thanks to the optional Configurable Dynamics system. This feature allows drivers to set up the vehicle to their personal preference by choosing Comfort or Dynamic settings for the engine, gearbox and steering through the central touchscreen. Where specified, Adaptive Dynamics constantly adjusts the dampers to provide the optimum balance between comfort and refinement at all times and in all driving situations. Jaguar’s advanced torque on-demand all-wheel drive (AWD) system and Intelligent Driveline Dynamics technology maintain the XE’s rear-wheel-drive handling feel and agility while improving performance, traction and driver confidence in all weather conditions.