2020 MINI Cooper SE – Purely Electric Premium Compact Hatch. 2020 MINI Cooper SE – Drive, Interior and Exterior. Subscribe.
– First MINI and first small car in the premium segment to run on electrical power only.
– Electric motor with 135 kW/184 hp and 270 Nm.
– Model-specific lithium-ion battery enables range of 235 to 270 kilometres – without constraints in terms of luggage compartment volume.
– Can be charged at a household socket, wallbox or public charging stations, fast direct-current charging possible at up to 50 kW.
– Outstanding agility due to spontaneous power delivery, low centre of gravity, front-wheel drive and wheel slip limiting close to the actuator.
– Acceleration from zero to 60 km/h in 3.9 seconds and from zero to 100 km/h in 7.3 seconds.
– Characteristic design of the MINI 3 Door with model-specific accentuations.
– Model-specific display and control elements in the interior.
– Recuperation can be configured at two levels for individual one-pedal feeling.
– Standard equipment features include LED headlamps, 2-zone automatic air conditioning, heating with heat pump technology, auxiliary heating, electric parking brake and Connected Navigation.
The new MINI Cooper SE is the first model to combine electromobility in an urban setting with the hallmark brand properties of the original in the premium segment of small cars. The first ever purely electrica model of the British brand is a genuine MINI to the core. Its vehicle concept is based on the MINI 3 Door. The dimensions, design, space and interior ambience of the new MINI Cooper SE are clearly based on the conventionally powered vehicle, the development of which already took account of the expansion of the model range to include a electrically powered version.
The electric motor is not just smaller but also significantly lighter than a combustion engine, thereby contributing to the outstandingly harmonious axle load distribution of the new MINI Cooper SE. Along with the lower centre of gravity, this gives the electrically powered model agile handling, making it supreme and easy to control even when cornering at high speed. The new MINI Cooper SE also offers extremely secure road-holding, not least due to the position of its high-voltage battery. It is placed deep in the vehicle floor between the front seats and below the rear seats. As a result of this arrangement there are no limits whatsoever to the use of the luggage compartment space as compared to the conventionally powered model versions. As in the MINI 3 Door with combustion engine, the luggage volume under the tailgate is 211 litres, expanding to 731 litres when the rear backrests are folded down.
Selective modifications and discreet differentiations regarding the conventionally powered model are also characteristic of the design of the new MINI Cooper SE. Powerful proportions, the typical three-part structure consisting of the body frame, all-round greenhouse and roof, short overhangs and widely set wheels are again the characteristic features that set the first purely electrically powered MINI apart from the masses. Precisely applied accentuations indicate its future-oriented drive system. The charge connection is located above the right-hand rear wheel – exactly where the fuel filler neck is positioned on the conventionally powered MINI 3 Door. An embossed MINI Electric logo marks the difference in terms of energy input. Yellow versions of this signet appear on the lateral turn indicator inserts, known as side scuttles, as well as on the tailgate and front radiator grill. The central element of the MINI Cooper SE front section also features the hallmark hexagonal contour, but this is closed because the electric motor requires very little cooling air. A yellow decorative bar on the grill and exterior mirror caps are finished in the same colour, thereby rounding off the model-specific design features. The MINI Cooper SE is fitted as standard with LED headlamps.
Spontaneously initiated drive torque and continuous power delivery not interrupted by gear shifts – these are the characteristic features of the drive technology fitted in the new MINI Cooper SE. They ensure hallmark MINI driving fun in a novel form that offers a particularly intense experience. The power source is the latest, highly powerful version of the synchronous electric motor developed by the BMW Group. The specific design principle of the drive enables a high level of power delivery that extends into high engine speed ranges, an exceptionally high level of efficiency and smooth, low-vibration running. The motor of the new MINI Cooper SE mobilises a maximum output of 135 kW/184 hp.
As a result, the new MINI Cooper SE develops thrilling forward propulsion at every movement of the accelerator pedal, ensuring an exceptionally spirited driving experience in urban traffic in particular. The new MINI Cooper SE accelerates from standing to 60 km/h in just 3.9 seconds.