2021 Kia Seltos – Sophisticated And Capable Compact SUV. 2021 Kia Seltos – Drive, Interior and Exterior. Subscribe.
The all-new Seltos energizes the Entry SUV segment with a personality all its own. As a utility vehicle with an abundance of attitude, the Seltos arrives in the U.S. with modern styling and a penchant for adventure, whether that means everyday driving around town or in the wilderness on weekends. Complementing Kia’s robust SUV lineup, and following on the heels of the Telluride, the Seltos slots between the popular Soul and Sportage models, providing a comfortable and tech-savvy cabin, a choice of two well-tested engines include a spirited 175-horsepower 1.6-liter turbo, and an available all-wheel drive system with torque vectoring control and a lock mode to handle more severe road conditions. It is available in five trims: LX, EX, S 2.0L, S 1.6T and SX. Looking at all it has to offer, it’s no wonder the 2021 Kia Seltos is poised and ready to become a true contender in one of the fastest growing segments in the industry when it goes on-sale in the U.S. in the first quarter of 2020. While complete pricing will be available closer to the Seltos’ on-sale date, the LX AWD will have a starting price below $22,000 and the S FWD will have a similar starting price.
The Seltos’ interior design continues the theme of upscale adventure:
– A cabin crafted with meticulous attention to detail helps Seltos punch above its weight class
– Wide instrument panel has a high-tech feel with an asymmetrical design that skews toward the driver
– Spacious and versatile cabin with generous hip, shoulder, leg and head room in both rows, offering more interior volume than most rivals
– An abundance of cargo space that can be expanded by lowering the adjustable luggage board
Clean and sophisticated gauge cluster – 3.5”-in. OLED (LX, S, EX) and 7-in. Supervision (SX)
– Leather-wrapped steering wheel and shift knob (S, EX, SX)
– Sliding front console cover (S, EX, SX)
– Fractal pattern Bose2 speakers and six sophisticated color themes echo the sound connected mood lighting found in the iconic Soul. The mood light changes color and intensity based on volume level (SX).
– Rear air vent and USB charging port for convenience of backseat passengers (EX and SX)
– Two-step reclining rear seat functionality enhances second row comfort level (standard on all trims)
Seltos is engineered to deliver a comfortable, capable and confidence-inspiring experience for both driver and passengers. A number of elements contribute to Seltos’ composed ride and lively driving performance:
– 2.0-liter four-cylinder MPI engine producing 146 horsepower and 132 lb.-ft. of torque, managed by an Intelligent Variable Transmission (IVT) (LX, S and EX)
– 1.6-liter Turbo GDI engine outputting 175 horsepower and 195 lb.-ft. of torque, paired with a 7-speed Dual Clutch Transmission (DCT) (S and SX)
– MacPherson strut front suspension; Coupled Torsion Beam Axle (CTBA) rear suspension on front-wheel drive models and Multi-link rear suspension on all-wheel drive models
– Strong and rigid body composed of 61 percent advanced high-strength steel and further enhanced with 374 feet of structural adhesives
– Choice of three drive modes – Normal, Eco, Sport – each using specific settings for powertrain, drivetrain and steering mapping to provide the desired driving experience
– Available active on-demand all-wheel drive1 (AWD) system, similar in technological design to the award-winning Telluride, provides all-weather capabilities and enhanced driving performance with a center locking differential that splits power equally between the front and rear wheels for more severe environments. The AWD system also makes use of torque vectoring, which increases traction by predicting which wheel will best utilize power in a given on-road situation. This enhances stability in corners and gives the vehicle more connection to the road.
Seltos is packed with technology features, including the“Kia Drive Wise” suite of Advanced Driver-Assistance Systems as well as a wide array of standard and optional equipment. Tech highlights include:
– Available 10.25-inch high-resolution color touchscreen with satellite radio, UVO telematics, navigation and split-screen display.
– First time in Kia available 8-speaker Bose premium sound system
– Available wireless smartphone charging
– Available three total USB charging ports
– Available multi-Bluetooth7 wireless connectivity allows two phones to connect simultaneously
– Available “Kia Drive Wise” Advanced Driver-Assistance Systems (ADAS):
– Blind Spot Collision Warning (BCW): Under certain conditions, can detect vehicles traveling in the next lane. When a vehicle is detected in the blind spot, an icon flashes in the mirror. A chime will sound if the turn signal is on.
– Blind Spot Collision Avoidance Assist (BCA): Builds on BCW by applying brakes to the outer wheel under certain conditions to return the vehicle to its lane.