2021 Mercedes E 450 4MATIC All-Terrain – Comfort And Off-Road Performance. 2021 Mercedes-Benz E 450 4MATIC All-Terrain – Drive, Interior and Exterior. Please Consider Subscribing.
New for All-Terrain:
– SUV-like design character and All-Terrain-specific body cladding in black matte, redesigned grille and new headlamp and taillamp design
– Standard AIR BODY CONTROL air suspension
– Additional Offroad and Offroad+ DYNAMIC SELECT driving modes, featuring downhill speed regulation
– Standard 19″ wheels with all-season, run-flat tires; available 20″ wheels
– New 3.0L Inline-6 turbocharged engine with EQ Boost
– Next level of Intelligent Drive and available driver assistance systems
– New, progressive and modern interior design with new-generation steering wheel with Touch Control Buttons, widescreen dual display with 12.3″ Digital Instrument Cluster and 12.3″ multimedia display with touchscreen and new-generation Touchpad in center console
– Enhanced interior comfort, including the intuitive Mercedes-Benz User Experience (MBUX) with new- generation Voice Control, Touchscreen and touchpad and MBUX functions like Augmented Video for Navigation and Interior Assistant now available
E-Class All-Terrain Standard Feature Highlights
– MBUX Infotainment system new-generation Voice Control, including Natural Language Understanding and Keyword Activation (“Hey Mercedes”)
– MBUX Navigation
– 12.3″ Digital Instrument Cluster & 12.3″ Touchscreen Multimedia Display
– 64-color Ambient Lighting
– Heated front seats
– LED Headlamps and Taillamps
– Smartphone Integration with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
– New-generation Multifunction Steering Wheel with Touch Control Buttons and Galvanized Shift Paddles
– New-generation touchpad
– Storage Package
– DYNAMIC SELECT with Offroad and Offroad+ driving modes
– 19″ wheels with all-season run-flat tires
– Active Brake Assist
– ATTENTION ASSIST®
– Blind Spot Assist
– Car-to-X Communication
– Crosswind Assist
– Parking Damage Detector
– PRE-SAFE® and PRE-SAFE Sound
– Memory Package (driver and passenger seat)
The model range introduces a refreshed, more dynamic and sportier exterior, redesigned headlamps and taillamps, radiator grille and bumper, and even more comfort and technology. Interior highlights include a progressive and modern 12.3-inch dual widescreen display and completely newly developed steering wheel with capacitive sensor technology and hands-off detection that eases the operation of semi-autonomous driving when equipped with the available driver assistance systems. The redesign also boasts new upholstery, trim, paint and wheel options.
The cabin experience for the driver and passengers has also been enhanced by the new Mercedes-Benz User Experience infotainment system. MBUX takes user experience to the next level by incorporating a powerful computer, brilliant screens and graphics, a customizable display, learning-capable software, and Voice Control with natural language recognition. The available full-color Head-Up Display, Augmented Vide technology, MBUX supports the occupants by making various operations within the cabin simpler and more intuitive.
The refreshed E-Class offers the latest generation of Mercedes-Benz driver assistance systems providing cooperative support, now featuring Exit Warning Assist, which offers enhanced protection when getting out of the car, extended restart functionality in stop-and-go traffic, now capable of restarting the vehicle automatically up to one minute after coming to a stop, and End-of-Traffic-Jam Assist, which works in tandem with LiveTraffic to recognize and respond to traffic jams and slow-moving traffic even before the driver becomes aware of them.
The powertrain in the E 450 and E 450 4MATIC models has also been electrified with a 3.0-liter inline 6-cylinder engine with an integrated starter generator (ISG), EQ Boost, and a 48-volt onboard electrical system, resulting in improved performance and efficiency. Capable of 362 hp and 369 lb-ft, the electrical boost of up to 21 hp and as much as 184 lb-ft of torque reinforces the sporty character of the E 450 models, ensuring the driving enjoyment is even more pronounced.
With expressive proportions, clear and sensual design and long-distance comfort for four people, the new E-Class Coupe combines the beauty and classic virtues of a grand tourer with state-of-the-art technology. The redesigned E-Class Cabriolet provides additional luxury features with all-season open-top driving and comfort for four with standard sun-reflecting leather, AIRCAP® wind-deflector and AIRSCARF® neck-level heating. The new E-Class All- Terrain, available for the first time in the U.S. market, boasts a rugged exterior design inspired by its off-road aesthetic with its raised height, black body cladding, radiator grille and stylized skid plate that sports a mirror chrome finish.