2022 Cadillac CT4 -V Blackwing – USA Fast Luxury Performance Sedan. 2022 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing – Drive, Interior and Exterior. Please Consider Subscribing.
0:00 Interior and Exterior
1:50 Facts and Figures
The CT4-V Blackwing sports an evolution of the Cadillac 3.6L Twin-Turbo V6 that features revised control system software and an improved air intake system to create 472 horsepower (352 kW) and 445 lb-ft of torque (603 Nm). The turbos’ low-inertia (titanium-aluminide) turbine wheels enable more precise and responsive application of torque throughout the rev range.
– GM-estimated top speed: 189 mph
– GM-estimated 0-60 mph: 3.8 seconds (automatic transmission)
– Most powerful and fastest Cadillac in the subcompact class
– Air intake restriction is improved by 39 percent vs. the ATS-V
– Turbocharger compressors matched for peak efficiency at peak power for optimal track performance
– Titanium connecting rods (manual transmission only) and revised crankshaft counterweights reduce main/rod bearing reciprocating loads
– Re-targeted piston oil squirters, which direct engine oil at the bottoms of the pistons, for improved temperature control
– The manifold-integrated water-to-air charge cooling system contributes to more immediate torque response
– Airflow routing volume is reduced by 60 percent when compared to a conventional design that features a remotely mounted heat exchanger
Both V-Series Blackwing models feature advanced high-performance braking systems that have been extensively track and road-tested. The exclusive V-Series Blackwing wheel designs enable an even larger rotor over the previous CTS-V, making the CT5-V Blackwing braking system the largest factory-installed brakes in Cadillac history. Additionally, an available carbon-ceramic brake package for the CT5-V Blackwing, featuring cross-drilled rotors, deliver several benefits including weight savings, durability and heat management.
Rare for sport sedans today, a six-speed TREMEC manual transmission is standard on both vehicles. It has been optimized for each V-Series Blackwing vehicle to provide an engaging experience on the track or on the road. Details include:
– LuK twin-disc clutch for high torque capacity and great pedal feel
– Active Rev Matching accessible via a console mounted toggle switch to automatically adjust engine speed to match anticipated downshifts
– No-Lift Shift allowing the driver to shift gears without letting off the gas pedal. In the case of the CT4-V Blackwing, it allows the turbos to remain spooled, resulting in faster lap times
– Transmission and rear differential cooling – the manual and automatic transmissions use the same track-performance cooling system for greater track performance
– Clutch and brake pedals positioned for optimal driver ergonomics
– A physical barrier stop for the clutch pedal rather than a hydraulic master cylinder stop provides greater driver feedback during clutch operation
– A shorter shifter ratio than previous generations for more precise shifts
V-Series Blackwing combines the fourth generation of Magnetic Ride Control (MR 4.0), with improvements to the front and rear suspension systems. Stiffer spring rates, unique hollow stabilizer bars, higher-rate bushings and more enable a driving experience that isolates the driver from road imperfections, while also providing a precise, engaging connection with the road.