2022 Honda Civic REVEAL | Features and Details | Ready to fight the Toyota Corolla. The new 2022 Honda Civic boasts a clean, modern design paired with a high-tech, human-centered interior, and equipped with advanced active and passive safety systems.
– All-new simple, clean exterior and interior styling
– Civic first all-digital LCD instrument display (Touring)
– Standard new 7-inch color touchscreen with Apple CarPlay & Android Auto integration
– Available new HD 9-inch color touchscreen with wireless Apple CarPlay & Android Auto integration
– Civic-first Bose premium sound system with 12 speakers (Touring)
– Qi-compatible wireless charging (Touring)
– Enhanced architecture and stronger body
– More powerful and fuel-efficient 1.5-liter turbo engine
– Updated suspension and steering tuning for improved handling and ride
– Groundbreaking new front airbags designed to reduce traumatic brain and neck injuries
– Civic-first rear seat side airbags
– Updated Honda Sensing system with new front wide-view camera, plus new Traffic Jam Assist and Low Speed Braking Control (Touring)
Two 4-cylinder engines will be available for the 2022 model: A naturally aspirated 2.0-liter or a turbocharged 1.5-liter. Both are paired with an updated continuously variable automatic transmission (CVT) uniquely tuned for each engine. Power delivery, engine sound, overall refinement and EPA fuel economy ratings of both engines are improved, with the 1.5L also getting a boost in power output.
Standard in LX and Sport trims, the 2.0-liter 4-cylinder produces 158 horsepower @ 6,500 rpm (SAE net) and 138 lb.-ft. of torque @ 4,200 rpm (SAE net). Due in part to a new standard idle-stop system and a new catalytic converter design, fuel efficiency and emissions are notably improved. The revised CVT enhances fuel efficiency by using more robust electric hydraulic pump which reduces the load on the mechanical pump, and a ball-bearing secondary shaft to reduce friction. Also, the transmission has been programmed to provide early downshifts during braking and features revised Step-Shift programming that simulates physical gear changes under hard acceleration for a more familiar and enjoyable driving experience.
For EX and Touring trims, the 1.5-liter turbo 4-cylinder produces 180 horsepower @ 6,000 rpm (SAE net) and 177 lb.-ft. of torque at 1,700 to 4,500 rpm (SAE net) on 87 octane gasoline, up 6 hp and 15 lb.-ft. of torque from last model year. Multiple measures contribute to improved fuel economy ratings, including new more efficient turbo plumbing and the addition of Variable Timing and lift Electronic Control (VTEC) to the exhaust valves. The CVT for the 1.5-liter turbo features improved torque converter performance, while also adopting revised Step-Shift programming.
In addition to the standard Normal and Eco driving modes, 2.0L Sport and 1.5L Touring trims of the 2022 Civics now feature a user-selectable Sport mode. Using a toggle switch on the center console, the new Sport mode alters the drive ratios and mapping for a sportier feel, and changes the meter lighting to red. Eco mode reduces throttle and transmission sensitivity, as well as air conditioning output to help preserve fuel efficiency.
Civic has been built in North America for 35 years with nearly 11 million units produced, including more than five million of those in the United States. The 11th-generation will continue that legacy with production of the Civic Sedan in Alliston, Ontario, Canada, and for the first time, the Civic Hatchback will be manufactured in the U.S., at the company’s Greensburg, Indiana plant.
Thanks for watching
Comment, like, dislike, share! 🤟
Don’t miss next videos, subscribe now ► https://goo.gl/5i54Vg
✅ Source: Honda
🎵 MUSIC used
Epidemic Sound ► https://bit.ly/2OvT1SC (30 days free)
Artlist ► https://bit.ly/30ERI6u (60 days free)
🔥 Get YOUR name on YOUCAR videos: https://bit.ly/3cJEMzX
📦 Exclusive CAR FANS products: http://youcarstore.com
INSTAGRAM ► /youcar_official/
FACEBOOK ► /youcarpress/
#2022civic #civic2022 #newcivic #hondacivic