2019 Mercedes GLC 300d 4MATIC – Stylish Family SUV. 2019 Mercedes-Benz GLC 300d 4MATIC – Drive, Interior and Exterior. Color: Graphite Grey. Subscribe.
2019 Mercedes-Benz GLC 300 d 4MATIC Technical Data:
Number of cylinders/arrangement: 4/in-line, 4 valves per cylinder
Displacement cc: 1950
Bore x stroke mm: 82.0 x 92.3
Rated output kW/hp: 180/245 at 4200 rpm
Rated torque Nm: 500 at 1600-2400 rpm
Compression ratio: 15.5: 1
Mixture formation: Common-rail high-pressure injection
Drive system: All-wheel drive
Transmission: 9G-TRONIC 9-speed automatic
Front axle: Double wishbone, coil springs, single-tube gas-filled shock absorber, stabiliser bar
Rear axle: Multi-link suspension, coil springs, twin-tube gas-filled shock absorbers, stabiliser bar
Braking system: Disc brakes all-round, internally ventilated, electric parking brake, ABS, Brake Assist, ESP®
Steering: Electrically supported rack-and-pinion power steering system
Wheels: 7.5 J x 17 H2
Tyres: 235/65 R 17 V
Acceleration 0-100 km/h: 6.2s
Top speed: 240 km/h
NEDC fuel consumption, combined l/100 km: 5.9-5.7 (The stated figures are the “measured NEDC CO2 values” acc. to Art. 2 No. 1 Implementing Regulation (EU) 2017/1153. The fuel consumption figures were calculated based on these figures. Power consumption has been determined on the basis of Directive 692/2008/EC. A higher value may be applied as a basis for calculating vehicle tax.)
The four-cylinder OM 654 diesel engine replaces the preceding OM 651 engine. To reduce the nitrogen oxide emissions further under higher loads, the OM 654 is equipped with an additional underfloor SCR catalyst. Even in demanding driving situations, this engine available in three output variants in the GLC 200 d 4MATIC (120 kW/163 hp), GLC 220 d 4MATIC (143 kW/194 hp) and GLC 300 d 4MATIC (180 kW/245 hp) already meets the Euro 6d standard (RDE/Real Driving Emissions Stage 2).
Standard equipment for the German market, 4MATIC permanent all-wheel drive is flange-mounted to the nine-speed 9G-TRONIC automatic transmission. The basic locking effect is 50 Nm. The drive torque is transferred to the front and rear axles by a planetary differential. The ratio depends on the engine variant, and is 45:55 or 31:69.
Both functions have the advantage of lowering fuel consumption. The start/stop system operates particularly comfortably thanks to the belt-driven starter-alternator, as the engine restarts almost silently, with low vibrations and very rapidly.
The turbocharger uses the twinscroll system. Thanks to the double-flow configuration (the exhaust ducts of each pair of cylinders come together and only join the other two just before the turbine), the torque characteristics have been improved while keeping exhaust counterpressure low.
CAMTRONIC variable valve timing is also on board.
ENERGIZING comfort control networks various comfort systems in the vehicle, and uses musical and lighting moods for a wide range of feel-good programmes. The ENERGIZING COACH recommends programmes according to the situation. To do this it firstly analyses the current journey and vehicle data. However, if it is networked with currently available Garmin® wearables, it can also take the driver’s present state into account.
Key features of the interior design:
– High-quality displays in the new style of MBUX – Mercedes-Benz User Experience
– Included as standard: instrument cluster with two tubular dial instruments and 5.5-inch display
– Optional: fully-digital instrument display with 31.2 cm (12.3-inch) screen diagonal, three display styles: “Classic”, “Progressive” and “Sporty”
– Included as standard: media display with 17.8 cm (7-inch) screen diagonal and touchscreen control
– Optional: media display with 26 cm (10.25-inch) screen diagonal and touchscreen control
– New generation of the multifunction steering wheel with touch controls
– New trim elements: open-pored anthracite oak wood and open-pored brown walnut wood
– New colour combination magma grey / black (standard equipment for interior and EXCLUSIVE interior)
– GLC only: new colour combination cranberry red / black and saddle brown (each in conjunction with AMG Line Interior)
– GLC only: sport seats with more lateral support (AMG Line Interior)
– Optional: Multicontour seats with inflatable air chambers in the lower backrest and in the side bolsters. Massage effect in the lumbar region through pulsating air chambers in the lumbar support
– Two versions of air vents, elements in Nürburg silver and silver chrome in conjunction with wood trim
– KEYLESS-GO start function as standard, newly designed start/stop button in a turbine look. The vehicle key is also in a new design.
– Optional: wireless charging to the Qi standard for compatible mobile phones in the oddments tray at the front of the centre console
– Optional for the GLC Coupé: separate loading level in the boot.